Get your sewing machines revving because it's time for another Preparedness Pro contest. Create and submit a winning bib apron style and you could win a Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine!!
1st Place: Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
2nd Place: $50
3rd Place: $25
This isn't a lottery drawing here; you're not competing with millions of other contestants. You've probably never had as good of a chance at winning one of our three prizes as you do this contest, so sew if you know how and learn how to sew if you don't! *grin* Oh yeah, and make sure you have fun!!!
I've attempted to clarify the details of the contest as follows:
- You must enter to win by submitting your HANDMADE apron to our address. (No COD or postage due packages will be accepted)
- All entries should be submitted to: Preparedness Pro C/O Kellene 221 N. 650 E. Orem, UT 84097
- Your entry MUST be handmade; commercially manufactured aprons will not be considered for any award.
- Each entry/apron must clearly display the name “Preparedness Pro” or “The Preparedness Pro” or “PreparednessPro.com” on the front. This display must be a permanent part of the apron. Contestants may use whatever means they choose to accomplish this--Fabric markers, cross-stitch, embroidery, bedazzle, etc.
- It's best if the apron is done in a "One Size Fits All" format; however, if you're set on a particular size, keep in mind that The Preparedness Pro is a plus size.
- You may enter more than once by submitting more than one apron.
- Any age, shape, or size of contestants may enter to win.
- International contestants are welcome and encouraged, however, due to expensive international shipping costs, if the 1st place winner resides outside of the Continental U.S. then a CASH prize in an amount equal to our purchase price of the 1st Place Prize will be awarded instead.
- Aprons will be judged based on their Creativity, Functionality, Aesthetics, and Craftsmanship.
- (Hint: I’m not a big fan of bright green or orange—but you do what YOU want to do. Special consideration will be awarded for those designs which best reflect the personality/opinions of The Preparedness Pro and/or Kellene.)
- EACH entry must be accompanied by your full name, mailing address, e-mail address, and a picture of you. The picture of you is only so that we can put a face with the name and get to know our readers better. Neither your personal photo or your personal information will be published or shared in any way.
- Once submitted, all entries are the property of The Preparedness Pro and will not be returned to the contestant and may be displayed or featured on our blog and/or in other marketing materials.
- In order for your entry to be considered it must be post-marked no later than July 31st, 2013 and received no later than August 3rd, 2013.
- If for any reason there are fewer than 25 contestants, Preparedness Pro reserves the right to cancel the contest and will return all entries to the contestant.
- No prize substitutions will be considered with the exception as already outlined above with international contestant submissions.
- Prizes will be delivered ONLY to the submitting contestant.
- All entries will be posted on our blog August 5th and we may encourage public comments on each of the entries. However, ultimately the winners will be selected based solely on the opinion of Kellene, The Preparedness Pro.
- Winners will be announced here on our blog on Friday, August 9th!
Get wacky, inspired, sassy, crazy, bedazzled, colorful, bold, or bright! Whatever suits your fancy; but whatever you do---HAVE FUN!!!
© 2019 Of COURSE this post is Copyright Protected by Preparedness Pro. All Rights Reserved. NO portion of this article may be reposted, printed, copied, disbursed, etc. without first receiving written permission by the author. This content may be printed for personal use only. (Then again, laws are only as good as the people who keep them.) Preparedness Pro will pursue all violations of these rights just as vigorously as she does any of her other freedoms, liberties, and protections.
I'm glad this is cleared up. Even though I read the directions, there was still an unclear portion about where to print or sew "Preparedness Pro". and by what means. Now it is clear and committed to memory : ) Sometimes, reading between the lines and guessing can present problems. Thanks again
Oh, by the way, once I enlarged the directions, they became more clear. : )
How do we enter the contest?
Details are on the photo insert.
Just got my gardening package from Scott! CAnt wait to read all the info. What a great deal give him extra kisses please
Hi. I must have older eyes because I can't read the contest details. I've tried zooming in it just gets blurry. Then I tried printing off the photo insert. Didn't work. I tied zooming in and them printing it, still fuzzy. Then I got out the magnifying glass and still, I've got nothing. Please Help! :)
Wow! I'm so glad you said something. That's awful to try and read. For some reason it didn't get inserted front and center in the article as I had planned. I've fixed it. Sorry about that!!!!
Contest Runs June 15th through July 31st.
I'm trying to determine if this is a spam post or just the first time I've had such unusual questions. :-) OK. I'll bite...
Nope, this particular contest has never been held before. Just as we've never written the same article twice in all the year's we've been doing this, we've never run the same contest twice. The contest originated when this article was posted.
No, it is not a spam. I have an inquiring mind and was just wondering, that's all. I'm known to ask unusual questions and was just wanting to see what some of the aprons looked like in the past and if this contest had been held in previous years. Since you are the judge, it was just curiosity on my part about what categories you would consider "bold and eye catching colors". : )
Ah, I see. I've chosen not to post pics of the aprons as they come in so as not to give unfair advantage to those who wait to present theirs.
You are a genius! I marvel at your endless knowledge but your way of getting pretty aprons made just for you is above and beyond! You go girl! :)
Do I send you the actual apron or a picture of myself wearing the apron? Sorry I don't understand.
Jo, thanks for kicking me in the fanny to get me to make everything perfectly clear on this contest. I believe I've got it covered now.
always looking for the apron that snaps or buttons down the front and is sleeve less......easier to get on instead of having to go over the head...anyone out there making this kind of apron?
This does sound like fun and there's a deadline. Crafty things without a deadline some times find themselves in the UFO (unfinished objects) space. Those great prizes make it seem crazy not to try it. Going to the fabric stash in search of bright and bold femininity. .
UFO---Now that you've defined what that stands for, I guess I'm going to have to admit that I DO believe in UFOs--because I'm surrounded by them! hee hee
Okay granted I'm not wearing my glasses but are the dates mixed up? Postmarked July 31, 2013 and Received July 3, 2013.... or am I reading it wrong? (It is after midnight here:)
Now girl if you've got it figured our where we can run backwards... ya gotta share those instructions! Lol
I think there might be a typo as to the dates in the body of the contest. :-) if I wasn't on the road (truck driver) I would SOOOO enter this! I haven't even sewn for 30 years, lol! But my sewing machine just got a tune up, so I must be getting my stitches revved!
Sorry about the mix up, Dava. I've fixed it.
Oh you better do one of these next year! I just drew out my design and it would be the bomb-diggity of aprons!
Too funny! I've been rubbing my eyes for the last 10 minutes trying to decide if I'm just tired and dyslectic or something's wrong in the info given!!! But oh, thank goodness, someone else is having the same problem with those dates so guess I'm not just seeing things after all!
How are we supposed to attach the wording to the apron (pin it on with a piece paper)? Is it to be monogrammed on? The instructions are a bit confusing. Please go into detail. I must be missing something in regard to the instructions. Are the aprons supposed to be mailed by certified mail so we can be sure it arrives? Thank You P.S. Is our picture supposed to be "wearing the apron" or just a picture?
As mentioned in the directions, the picture is just to put a name with a face. If you want to wear the apron, that's fine, but it's not necessary.
The wording on the front of the apron must be a permanent part of the apron. You can do it any way that suits your fancy. Marker, bedazzled, embroidered, cross-stitched, etc.
How you mail the apron is up to you. We just have to receive it in time in order to consider it.
You stated each submission must have PP clearing plainly visible on the front, do you mean front of the apron as in printed, embroidery etc. or the mailed in package? I know, dumb question. Also I think you meant Aug. 3rd not July. Thanks.
Thank you so much, Sakura. Looks like I was consistent with the mistake of July vs. August throughout. It's been corrected now.
I THINK you mean that "Preparedness Pro" (in so many words) must be printed across a photo submission of the created apron, right? Or do you mean embroidered right onto the apron itself? And you want the apron itself mailed to you? Ingenious way to get a new product on the market!!
Preparedness Pro must be ON the actual apron itself. Cross stitched, fabric cut outs, embroidered, or what have you. But it's got to be on the front so that when a person's looking at a Preparedness Pro educational video, they know what they're watching by what's on the apron. :-)
Was wondering if this contest was held in years past as well? How old is this contest? Thanks
Nope--you got it right. I've just been a bit behind this week. Ugh! It will be posted by end of today, Janie. Sorry about that. You'll see it front and center on the home page when I do though. :-)
Did I mis understand the date for announcing the winners? thought it was the 9th of August