Is Martial Law Imminent in the first quarter of 2013? Well there certainly is plenty of such hearsay going around. I can't even begin to tell you all of the e-mails I get with the same alarming headlines each day from readers and newsfeeds. Well, here's my simple take on all of this.
Lt. McCoy of an unknown police department in North Carolina is ostensibly a caller on the Pastor Butch Paugh radio show. I get a LOT of these kinds of e-mails, YouTube links etc.such as this one:
O.K. now that you've listened to that, let's go further just a little bit. Here's what I think of these kinds of things.
First of all, I looked for a Lt. McCoy in the rosters of any police entities in North Carolina. I find one McCoy that comes up amidst an endless supply of copycat posters on this story. I'm frankly stunned that none of them even bothered to verify that there even IS a Lt. McCoy. Anyway, I did find one listed as a part of the Rocky Mount Police Department. The odds of a McCoy in a N. Carolina police department being random aren't through the roof, but then again someone could have looked through the rosters online and just handpicked an alias. This particular McCoy isn't a lieutenant, rather he's a captain, though this recording was published in the end of December of 2012. So I suppose there could have been a promotion, or the caller was deliberately hiding his rank? Lots of questions still. Anyway, here are the other things I consider when I hear of this kind of stuff, including the DHS insider one that I'm sent about 10 times a day...
1) The caller COULD be a liar, just wanting attention or just wanting to mess with the peace of society.
2) The host COULD be orchestrating the entire scenario with willing actors/actresses in order to give themselves attention, viewers, publicity, etc.
3) The host could be legitimate, but the informant COULD be a plant--knowingly giving misinformation in order desensitized to this kind of thing so that we won't fight back much.
4) The informant could be completely sincere and honest in what he/she shares but could be subjected to contrived information specifically fed to him/her in order to get the same response (s) mentioned in #3.
5) Even IF all of the information is accurate, nothing changes because all we can do is to continue to prepare. That's what I was doing yesterday and that's what I'm going to do tomorrow. (I was able to find a McCoy listed as an employee of the Rocky Mount PD in North Carolina, but he's listed as a captain, not a lieutenant.
Martial law isn't the only threat that is viable right now. Food shortage, natural disaster, economic collapse, civil unrest, rioting, etc. are all potential issues. So, take it with a grain of salt. Keep praying so that you aren't taken unawares, and keep communicating with your family and friends so that you have the critical decisions made on how you will respond if something like this ever does come your way. The time to decide what you will do is NOW, not in the midst of the crisis. If it's coming, it's coming and it's only the beginning of a whole lot of "woes" that we are warned we will need to endure. So, take it with a grain of salt; be prepared, be prayerful, and be at peace.
© 2019 Of COURSE this post is Copyright Protected by Preparedness Pro. All Rights Reserved. NO portion of this article may be reposted, printed, copied, disbursed, etc. without first receiving written permission by the author. This content may be printed for personal use only. (Then again, laws are only as good as the people who keep them.) Preparedness Pro will pursue all violations of these rights just as vigorously as she does any of her other freedoms, liberties, and protections.